Week 1 Recap
5 Days ago we launched Learning 2.0 at Thomastown Library.
An Inspiring presentation was given by Stephen Abram, Vice President of Innovation, SirsiDynix, one of the Library Journal's 'Movers and Shakers Top 50 People" who are shaping the future of Libraries and Librarianship. Stephen spoke about the many ways libraries could use social networking tools to create online communities and to facilitate the creation of content in libraries. As the First Australian Library to undertake this Project it was a real bonus to have Stephen launch Learning 2.0 for our Staff.
We are Thrilled with the response from our staff with over 70 attending the launch and over 50 registered to date! 16 Blogs are up and running.
It is great to see the Comments and speculation on Who's Blog is that??
The creativity emerging is fantastic to see.........and learn from.
Staff are helping each other and asking for assistance (I hope my advice to 'NOT jump from the library roof' because Blogger wouldn't update was heeded!).
Here are a few TIPS that might be useful, for those who have not climbed aboard our Bullet Train yet!
- Listening to the Podcasts on 'The 23 Things' Blog does require Shockwave to be installed and if you cannot see the little audio icon, this could be why. Download here.
- When you set up your Blog remember to take note of your Login details. It might be useful to write these down as you create your Blogger Account.
- To make Our life easier could you please identify each 'Thing' as you do them on your Blog. This helps us when updating the Spreadsheet charting your progress.
- Setting the Time in Blogger. If you look at your posts on your blog you may see it says 4am....yikes did I post then? This defaults to the US setting but it can be easily changed in Blogger. Click on the Settings Tab, underneath it you will have further options. Click on the Formatting Tab, this is where you can change how the Date and Time will display.
- Refresh the page in your Browser if you cannot see the new postings you have made to your Blog.
Please participate on our Online Poll (Another Web 2.0 technology)