Week 2 Recap23 THINGS UPDATE
Well things are moving along nicely as we progress through the "23 Things, Learning 2.0"
People are all at various stages along the journey and we have an RSS feed set up to chart YOUR progress. Staff can check their progress on the Tracking Log Spreadsheet on the Intranet and if we havn't given you your RED star for your completed 'thing' please let us know. We update the list regularly
A few more TIPS for Learning 2.0.
- When you send us your BLOG address, please use the cut and paste method to capture the URL.
1. The 23 Things. Each 'thing' is numbered and requires further clicking to reach the actual lesson that will appear on the Learning 2.0 Blog eg. #5 Explore Flickr
****Extra Tip*** Print out the list of '23 Things' and tick them off as you go!
2. Link to the individual Lesson: eg. 'Explore flickr" LINK!
This Blog is where the 'individual Podcasts' for each lesson are to get you started. It also offers further links to find all the good stuff, like Flickr Services and mashups.
You will see the the Actual Lesson is divided into 3 categories.
1. Listen to the Podcast
2. Discover resources (other areas to click into, like tutorials etc.)
3. Discovery exercise....tells you exactly what to do.
Several of the lessons ask you to Blog 'your thoughts'....this is PART of the Program and we want to see what YOU think? If in doubt check out some of OUR (or the US) participants Blogs.
If you have moved on from Flickr.... and that can be difficult, (I heard one comment that it was 'addictive' !!) you might be ready for RSS Feeds, which is:
Week 4 Thing #8.
Start your Bloglines account by setting up a feed from our YPLearning Blog or your colleagues Blogs.
Congratulations to everybody who has started and for those have registered.....we are waiting to receive your Blog URL (just cut and paste it from the address bar).
Don't feel its too late, this program allows people to come on board at any time up until January.
Remember to use mentors (One of the 71/2 Habits, Learn by teaching others!) and read the FAQs on the Yarra Plenty Online Learning Blog.
Keep those Blogs coming, there is some great creativity happening out there!!!